Like this recipe?
Get your Hemp Seed Hulled here!
Get your Hemp Seed Oil here!
Inspired by: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/249993/pea-soup/
Pea and Hemp Seed Soup
A delicious soup to keep us warm during the winter months!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp omeganz™ Avocado Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 6 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup new hemisphere™ Hemp Seed Hulled
- freshly ground black pepper
- new hemisphere™ Hemp Seed Oil
- Heat omeganz™ Avocado Oil and butter over a medium heat until butter melts. Add onion and cook until softened and opaque. Add garlic and cook till fragrant.
- Stir in peas with water, salt and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add new hemisphere™ Hemp Seed hulled and puree soup either with a stick blender or in batches in a blender until smooth. Be careful with hot liquids.
- Drizzle with new hemisphere™ Hemp Seed Oil and lots of cracked pepper.
- ENJOY with warm bread and butter.