Cocoa powder for cacao powder
Honey for maple syrup
Butter or coconut oil for cacao butter.
Hemp Xmas Bliss Balls
A healthier alternative to truffles!
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup new hemisphere™ Hemp Seed Hulled
- 1/3 cup cashews, natural and unsalted
- 1/3 cup almonds, natural and unsalted
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp new hemisphere™ Hemp Protein
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 400 g white chocolate
- 1 tbsp dried raspberry powder
- Cover and soak dates in hot water for 30-60 minutes.
- Using a food processor, first blend the cashews, almonds, and new hemisphere™ Hemp Seed Hulled. Then add dates, cacao powder, and new hemisphere™ Hemp Protein.
- Melt the cacao butter and maple syrup together. Add to the mixture.
- Place the bliss ball mixture in a glass or stainless steel bowl in the refrigerator for at least an hour (this makes the mixture easy to roll).
- Taking a teaspoonful of mixture, roll into a ball using your hands. Repeat with remaining mixture. Leave balls at room temperature before dip in chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or improvise with a small saucepan and glass bowl over simmering water.
- Dip each bliss ball in melted chocolate by fully immersing using a fork. Tap the fork to remove excess chocolate before placing on a large dinner plate lined with non-stick baking paper. Carefully sprinkle the bliss balls with raspberry powder.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer to set.