Like this recipe?
Get your Hemp Seed Hulled here!
Get your Hemp Seed Flour here!
Inspired by: https://healthyalways.co.nz/blog/2017/3/23/cauliflower-pizza-base and https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/classic-margherita-pizza/
Hemp Seed Pizza
- 400 g cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp omeganz™ Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup new hemisphere™ Hemp Seed Hulled
- 1/4 cup new hemisphere™ Hemp Seed Flour
- 1 tbsp omeganz™ Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cup mozarella cheese, grated
- 2 tomatoes
- handful fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius Fan Bake. Line an oven tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Discard outside of cauliflower head and cut up into smallish cauliflower florets. Place in a food processor and blend until resembles a fine powder. Bring cauliflower rice to the boil in a medium saucepan then reduce to a simmer for approximately 7 minutes. Drain in a sieve with running cold water to cool.
- Either: place the cooked cauliflower rice in the centre of an old tea towel, lift up the sides of the tea towel to twist the top and squeeze the excess water out OR use a nut milk bag. Squeeze for a few minutes as you want the rice to be dry in texture.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a large mixing bowl. Whisk the egg and add to the rice along with the rest of the ingredients. Combine well.
- Split the mixture and shape into two pizza bases on the lined oven tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Prepare the toppings: combine crushed garlic and omeganz™ Olive Oil, and slice tomatoes.
- Once bases are cooked, remove from oven and spread the garlic and olive oil mixture evenly between the two bases. Add tomato paste then mozzarella cheese and finally placing the sliced tomatoes on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and top with fresh basil. ENJOY!